7.09.2008

Singapore Airline Meal A380




Singapore airlines is without a doubt one of the best airlines the world has to offer -at least that is my personal opinion -the cabin, the service and of course F&B is just top notch, I am always amazed. I never cared much about airline meals until I took food business as my very own profession. Singapore airlines F&B department never ceases to disappoint me and their wide selection of meals is astonishing. SQ's incredible meal service, known as "Book the cook", enables passengers to choose a meal consulted by top global celebrity chefs as well as local delights such as chicken rice, nasi lemak, nasi briyani, etc. My focus of course is not to taste the top global celebrity chefs but to verify how well the local cuisine is executed. Although, this service is available to Business and First Class passengers, one could also choose a meal in Economy class -ex. vegetarian meal, Indian vegetarian meal, kosher meal etc. -and they are very tasty! The biggest passenger jet, Airbus A380 is flown between Singapore and Tokyo; 7 hr flight was just superb with an incredible array of inflight entertainment. Started off with Silver Kris Sling, made from gin, Cointreau, orange & pineapple juice topped with Champagne. Their signature amuse bouche is satay with peanut dip and veggies. I booked nasi lemak on my way back from Singapore which came with ikan bilis and peanut and acar/achar (nonya pickles). Although my stomach was bloated with all the dishes I have tasted at local hawker centers, the nasi lemak was quite nice for an airline meal, meaning if I were hungry, I would just love the meal. Bravo SQ!

0 件のコメント: